Seiler Instrument Company, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, is an authorized Trimble Reseller. We offer sales consulting, training and support for Trimble products and solutions.
We are currently seeking a motivated, success-oriented technician to provide support for our Geospatial/Survey Division.
In this position you will provide technical support to all Geospatial customers of Seiler. You will report to the Geospatial Support Manager.
Working conditions are primarily in the office environment. The position will require driving to reach customer locations. Travel is estimated to be approximately 60%, including overnight travel.
Seiler Instrument offers a wide variety of benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and 401(k) retirement investing. What makes us stand apart is our commitment to continuous learning and sharing success across the company. Seiler Instrument provides tuition reimbursement, profit-sharing, military leave pay, an onsite fitness center at the St. Louis headquarters, and other fun activities throughout the year.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Survey-related field, or minimum of four years experience working in the Survey industry.
• Knowledge of Trimble and/or Spectra Precision field and office software.
• Survey knowledge of cadastral and construction, both design and stake out.
• Advanced use of both GNSS survey tools (network and base rover), and conventional survey tools (total station, robotic total station, auto level).
• Knowledge and utilization of order processing systems, spreadsheet and word processing software skills are expected for this position.
• Provide fast and efficient customer service and advanced technical support to end-users on Trimble and Spectra Precision Survey products.
• Gain and maintain a complete understanding of the technical complexities involved with the products found within the Seiler Survey Line.
• Keep up-to-date on Survey products by attending appropriate training classes offered by our vendors. Provide new product input, field-testing and subsequent production release involvement.
• Provide training courses during customer visits and installations on both hardware and software and perform billable training classes.
• Assist outside sales reps with technical support for pre-sales and post-sales issues.
• Assist with content creation for new and existing products through technical writing, providing new product input, configuring equipment, field testing and involvement in product releases.
• Lead training sessions for the sales team to keep them informed of developments useful to their responsibilities.
• Interact with service techs for repairs. Help test and inspect equipment before it is returned.
• Read and interpret sales documents and material of a technical nature.
• Work within a mobile team while demonstrating personal responsibility for product success in an environment of shared resources.
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and through written/electronic means.
• Ability to articulate technical material to customers of varying levels of technical sophistication.
• Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions.
• Must be able to lift items up to 40 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.